blob: afe0e3bbb9730cb3663a8bfe2a3f136247982af9 (plain
# trevcan's blogit
My attempt at using (*pedantic's*) [`blogit`](https://pedantic.software/git/blogit).
this is just a demo repo of me trying to set up a minimalist
[More info about my rant here](https://github.com/TrevCan/trevcan.github.io/blob/fc6f193f9bd8650497513253b0dbfc5a3f54c270/_posts/2021-11-06-idk-learn-pedantics-blogit.md)
I'm using *pedantic*'s software: [`blogit`](https://pedantic.software/git/blogit).
It doesn't have a license. Literally. So yeah
- files not tracked by git will not be compiled!
- beautiful hacker-like theme
(it uses a very similar theme to jekyll's hacker blog thingy.)
- it is made by
and also implements some of the jekyll-only features it has.
- it has redirect links just create a file ending in `.redirect` and put
any url in there.
It'll automatically fetch the title for you.
You can also control the time it takes for the redirect to occur.
- **Integrated with Github Actions**.
- every time you push to the github repo it will automatically generate
your static site and push the content to the `gh-pages` branch. This
can be easily changed through the yaml action workflow.
- [maybe in the future the markdown perl thing] to support a wider
markdown syntax, quotes aren't supported yet!
# getting started
to get started on learning how to use blogit,
- clone the repo (https://pedantic.software/git/blogit).
- run `man -l blogit.1` inside the repo directory. That should get you
[x] add `.redirect[.new]` functionality (only missing .new funcitonality)